Tuesday, November 20, 2012


There is true power in your future if you effectively use Facebook to advance your goals and platform. Yesterday, I posted my letter to BAM, and someone inboxed me about an error. They suggested that as opposed to addressing my letter to Dear Director, I should address the person by their name. I wholeheartedly agreed with the advise, but I informed them that I submitted the letter in the manner that the company asked for it. After we reviewed the submission guidelines together they agreed that I was correct and they apologized for the unsolicited advice. Now that was greatly appreciated, but here is a line that I seized on to effectively use FB. They person told me: 

"I respond quicker to correspondence address to me as opposed to "dear reporter." "

I found that they are a reported for a Cleveland paper, and I asked what was the guidelines to submit a story for a feature, and guess what they replied: 

"Send me your bio and press releases to *********. I can do a story on you as an author. Unable to review right now. Back log too long."

So, I obviously awoke this morning and I immediately got on that, and now waiting a reply.

For your viewing pleasure I will post the letter, and I encourage you to use it as a guide. Hell, plagiarize it for all I care. But if you've written a great novel it should be on the shelves at Books a Million. The guidelines are vague, but I have spoken to someone there, and they like to receive a physical copy of the novel, reviews, interviews, any sort of promo material. The back cover must have a barcode and the price of the book printed. I printed copies of my interviews with online magazines, Amazon reviews, threw in some book marks and post cards, press releases, and a list of the stores that carry my novels for their review. Always seek to put your best foot forward.

Good luck with that.



2 comments:

  1. Congrats. I forgot all about BAM, I haven't seen any out here. When I had my first book published through Publish America, the BAM in my hometown let me have a book signing and I sold 27 books in check and orders in the store that day. Unfortunately, PA kept the funds calling it 'author sells'. Ahhh, the things we learn.
    Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete