Friday, November 9, 2012

Where Is Your Professional Appearance?

For many of you that do not have web sites, and FB is your primary method of introducing yourself and your service, please make sure your page is professional. I just can't take some of you serious when I see some of the silly profile pictures and nothing written in the "About Me" section. I am all for doing business with people I never met, but I don't want to chat with a person that has their 5 year old as their profile pic. I mean why are people exploiting their children any way. I don't want to talk to a cartoon character. And nope, no celebrities, either. You get my point.

Everything takes time and energy. I am one of the people that knows what putting your best foot forward looks like, and I study the people that do, as well. I strongly suggest that if you want people to forward you money, and expect to get back what was offered, you have to be cognizant of your presentation. Sure it's your wall and you can post what you want, but if your mission is to offer a service or a book, you have to effectively present yourself and product.

In the 21st century the one thing that cell phone makers are constantly enhancing are the cameras. It is so very easy to get a nice outfit, grab a friend, and pick a nice background and take a pic. You don't need to go out and pay for an elaborate photo shoot in the beginning. Of course, as you work your way up the ladder, you can. Another thing that you can do is visit your local college that has a photography program. You could get a photography student to shoot you a few shots for $25. Maybe even for free, but I can assure you that you will feel great when you pay what you can for a service as opposed to trying to just get what you can for free. I firmly believe: the more you bless people, the more God blesses you.

Second, know what you offer and what you can do for a person. If you're offering to be a promoter of books and have a book, your book would have to be doing well and nicely marketed to convince someone else to pay you to market for them. How can you promote someone else, if your book is not sold in any stores and you have a poorly designed personal web site? If you're not an author, but you're an avid reader and you think that you could market books to people, than you should be able to outline what it is that you do. So many times, I have had people offer me services and when I start to question them about what they specifically plan to do, they can't tell me. I immediately pass, because I work effortlessly to promote and market myself, so someone coming on board to help me, must be able to effectively convey what it is they plan to do for my money.

In the end, I submit to you to look at the following FB pages to get a great understanding of what a great FB presentation is: T. Styles, Victoria Christopher Murray, and Envy Red. Here are three woman that do what they do, and they do it effortlessly.

Check out my novels on my Amazon and my personal web site.

1 comment: